Participants of ASHE Region 10 E2C agree to regularly benchmark and share their energy use data with the ENERGY STAR® portfolio manager program.
Sharing “read only” rights with “Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance Region 10 E2C”, a master account located in portfolio manager, is strictly confidential.
To track your energy use, begin by setting up an account within Portfolio Manager, a free internet-based tool used in the EPA’s ENERGY STAR® program.
Login to Portfolio Manager
- Go to www.energystar.gov/benchmark and login to Portfolio Manager. Click the “New User” link and create a password-protected account, if you do not already have one.
- Enter your building information and begin tracking energy performance (or update your account if you already have one). For more information on how to use Portfolio Manager, visit the ASHE E2C Resource Page for online tutorials and pre-recorded and live trainings.
Share your facility with the ASHE Region 10 E2C campaign
Sharing “read only” rights with “Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance Region 10 E2C” is strictly confidential.
From the “My Portfolio” page, choose “Share Facilities” and follow these steps:
- From the drop down menu labeled “Select a Master Account”, select “Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance Region 10 E2C”. Click CONTINUE.
- Select the appropriate access role, ability to set baseline, and any additional rights you want to grant the user. We recommend “Read Only” access.
- Choose the appropriate Facility Group within the Region 10 E2C account. Facility Groups include ASHE Chapters. Click CONTINUE.
Note: To further ease sharing and tracking of facilities within Portfolio Manager, ASHE Region 10 created chapter groups within the Region 10 E2C Account into which your facility can be shared directly.
- Select your facility to share with the ASHE Master Account. Click CONTINUE.
- Confirm that all access changes are correct. Review the list of facilities shared and access rights granted. If you need to make changes, you may return to the previous screen(s) by selecting CANCEL.
- Once you have reviewed the changes, click SAVE.
Set a Baseline Period
- On the Facility Summary page, next to Facility Performance, select Set Baseline Period.
- Your Baseline Period needs to begin January 1, 2010.
By going through this process you will be able to compare the average baseline rating for your acute care hospital against your average current rating.
Set Energy Performance Target
- On the Facility Summary page, next to Facility Performance, select Set Energy Performance Target.
- Set your target based on a rating goal (on the left side of the table) or by a percent reduction goal (on the right side of the table).
Note: ASHE Region 10 E2C recognizes hospitals with 10% improvement and increasing at 5% increments from the 2010 baseline. Be sure to set your energy performance target to 10% improvement and see what rating is needed to achieve ASHE Region 10 E2C recognition.
- Click RECALCULATE. When you are done with setting your target, Click SAVE.
Receiving your performance rating is just the first step. It will tell you how your facility compares to its peers nationwide on a scale from 1 to 100. The industry average is 50. Your Portfolio Manager account will also tell you how much energy has been saved since the year you use as a baseline. If your energy savings are 10% or higher, you may be eligible for ASHE recognition. If your rating is 75 or higher, your facility may be eligible to earn the ENERGY STAR from the U.S. EPA.